Vegan Pesto Pasta!!
I've recently discovered how to make pesto sauce and I’m overly excited!
Growing up and watching my mom make sauces from scratch, like Tomato Basil or Garlic Alfredo helped create memories that I’ll never forget. So adding new sauce recipes like this vegan pesto keeps the tradition alive. I Hope you enjoy making and eating this as much as I did!
5 Handfuls of kale
10 cloves of Garlic
1/4 Cup of walnuts
1 Tbs of Goya Adobo seasoning or Salt
2 Tbs of Nutritional Yeast
Pinch of Red pepper flakes
1/4 Cup of Vegetable Broth (I used Garden Veggie Bouillon Cubes)
1 Tbs of Olive Oil
Vegan Sausage ( Beyond Meat/Brat Original)
Vegan Parmesan (GoVeggie)
1. Cook and drain pasta as instructed.
2. (If using Bouillon Cubes) In a pot boil 1/4 cup of water and add 1 cube, whisk the broth until it is well incorporated and the cube is thoroughly dissolved.
3. Pan-sear kale and garlic with olive oil until softened.
4. Cook vegan sausage in pan and brown sausage on each side.
5. Add kale and garlic, broth, add seasoning, walnuts, lemon juice from squeezed lemon, nutritional yeast, and Red Pepper flakes in a blender (I started out using a food processor and switched the ingredients to a nutribullet) and blend until smooth.
6. Add sauce and pasta to pan with vegan sausage and stir until heated. Evenly add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Finish with parmesan and enjoy!